What Kind of Shift Does Your Firm Need?
Few leaders understand how to effectively manage the vast array of marketing, selling and client service initiatives that must blend together to create a higher performance culture. No doubt you’ve faced internal obstacles such as low motivation, silo mentalities, dysfunctional groups, weak implementation, ineffective leaders, poor cross-selling, inadequate communication, lack of trust, inefficient teams, ineffective leaders, misaligned compensation, inconsistent client service, unclear goals and measures, underdeveloped selling skills, minimal accountability, and a general lack of follow-through. These CultureShift® barriers must be overcome if you are to unleash the business development potential in your firm.
A One-Year Customized, Phased Approach
Firms are all across the board in terms of where they are in their cultural evolution. While some need help in most of the CultureShift® leverage areas, others may only need minor tweaks around the edges. Based on the results of our proprietary Culture Xray® assessment and interviews with your senior leaders, we identify your strengths and weaknesses and develop a blueprint, a one year master plan, for sequentially integrating change deeply into the firm. Wherever you are in your culture continuum, we act as catalysts to set the necessary wheels in motion to move you to your next level of performance. We help rally your lawyers, professionals and staff to work together to develop new skills, new systems, new behaviors and new disciplines, all in pursuit of becoming leaders in our profession.
Examples of CultureShift® Outcomes
We work closely with your leaders to identify major initiatives, and drill down to strategies and specific action steps that include goals, measures, and personal accountability. Depending on your needs, a CultureShift® program can help you:
- Develop senior leadership buy-in and commitment
- Recognize and address primary “Culture-Killers”
- Develop effective “sales management” skills in your key leaders
- Enhance the rainmaking skills of your lawyers
- Accelerate cross-selling between groups and offices
- Improve planning and performance in practice groups
- Receive client feedback and deliver higher levels of client service
- Improve lateral integration
- Develop higher performing client teams
- Choose the right goals and measures
- Align your compensation systems
- Utilize supportive technology
- Efficiently integrate internal professionals and external service providers
- Develop tracking, reporting, and measuring systems to drive ongoing implementation
- Make business development as ongoing part of your culture
One of the most important roles leaders must perform is that of the “Watcher”, one who provides pats on the back while also holding feet to the fire. Without accountability, change will not take place, and training in this role is heavily emphasized in most CultureShift® engagements.