Get More Work From Existing Clients
One of the most achievable, yet elusive ways to find new revenue is through cross-selling. It is achievable because we have relationships that can lead to more work. It is elusive because it requires the deft coordination of a complicated set of internal and external interactions.
Successful cross-selling demands a sustainable firm-wide effort. It requires aligning the linkage of the right people, the right planning, the right systems, the right tools, and the right timing. It must overcome obstacles such as lack of trust, resistance to change, poor communication, unproductive planning, untrained leaders, ineffective (or no) teams, underdeveloped selling skills, incomplete tracking, weak follow-through, inadequate measures, and misaligned rewards.
Law Firm CultureShift® has devised an integrated Cross-Serving® approach that can help your firm realize more of its cross-selling potential. Our process is derived from our experience working with thousands of lawyers at nearly 180 firms world-wide. By thoughtfully aligning culture, leadership, planning, training, communication, and implementation, we can help you:
- Change behavior by reframing cross-selling to cross-serving®
- Develop the proper roles for leaders
- Establish a culture of cross-serving®
- Conduct proper preparation
- Obtain and utilize client feedback
- Develop more effective teams
- Maximize the impact of retreats
- Provide exceptional client service
- Build trust between lawyers
- Develop leadership and selling skills
- Enhance internal and external communication
- Develop supportive systems and processes
- Maintain momentum
- Devise appropriate measures
- Align rewards with desired outcomes
To receive a complimentary copy of the cross-selling chapter from my recent book on Business Development, click here.