The CultureShift® Process
The Current Reality
In so many law firms, the culture of business development exists more by default, than by design.
It’s a hodgepodge of fits and starts – more patchwork than purposeful, more Frankenstein than Formula One, more siloed than synchronized.
More than ever, we must crack the code to find new ways to deliver superior results. The future will belong to those firms that can relentlessly implement an integrated strategy that maximizes the rainmaking potential of their people, that capitalizes on their cross-selling opportunities, that has leaders who lead, and that delivers industry-defining levels of service. Will this be you, or your competitors?
Creating a Business Development CultureShift®
Which brings us back to culture – a culture focused on generating more, and better, revenue.
The CultureShift® framework is designed to help you imbed business development more deeply into the fabric of your firm. Through the thoughtful integration of people, process, training and technology, you can ramp up your ability to attract, retain and grow revenue from new and existing clients.
If you’re like most firms, you probably have several of these “Culture Killers” lurking somewhere within your organization:
- Low motivation
- Silo mentalities
- Dysfunctional groups
- Lackluster cross-selling
- Under-trained lawyers
- Poor communication
- Lack of internal trust and knowledge
- Ineffective leaders
- Inefficient teams
- Misaligned compensation
- Inconsistent client service
- Unclear goals and measures
- Minimal accountability
- An overall lack of follow-through
The challenges listed above represent typical kinks in the hose of high performance, obstructing the full flow of your revenue-producing potential. The CultureShift® approach starts by uncovering your firm’s obstacles through the use of our proprietary Culture Xray® internal survey tool. From there, we work in partnership with your leadership team to craft strategies to blast through your highest priority culture-killers in order to:
- Achieve greater lawyer engagement, motivation and implementation
- Develop senior leadership buy-in and commitment
- Turn key leaders into better “sales managers”
- Increase collaboration, teamwork, collegiality and retention
- Accelerate cross-selling between groups and offices
- Enhance rainmaking skills in more of your lawyers
- Create higher performing client teams
- Receive more client feedback and deliver extraordinary levels of client service
- Improve lateral integration
- Enhance strategic and collaborative planning within groups
- Conduct revenue-focused retreats
- Choose the proper goals and measures
- Develop tracking, reporting, and measuring systems to drive ongoing implementation
- Make business development an ongoing part of your culture
Overall, we work with you to:
- Identify your big goals
- Uncover your obstacles
- Build plans to obliterate those obstacles
- Launch your “Key Accelerators” of success
- Drill down to specific action steps, with timelines and accountability
- Ingrain new habits into the organization
At the end of the day, it’s all about gaining clarity, removing barriers and relentless implementation. It’s about strategically assembling your assets in ways that unleash more of your firm’s potential.
Working together, we can help you build a step-by-step, month-by-month action plan for unleashing, focusing and sustaining a higher level of revenue-generating activity. To get started, we invite you to utilize our free business development Culture Xray® survey, the foundational step toward first understanding, and then creating, an exceptional culture of business development.